Hi friends! Since I am pretty new here I thought I would share a little more about myself. It has been wonderful meeting a lot of you on Instagram and I am excited to give you a peek at what is behind those IG squares!
1. It’s hard for me to use periods at the end of sentences! It feels so serious. See?! Especially via text! Any “.” that you see on this site probably started as a (!!) and I changed it so there weren’t so many!
2. I have driven across the country multiple times, once by myself! I love a new adventure and seeing new places so I am always up for a road trip! I have moved from Florida to Las Vegas and back a few times and most recently from Vegas to Buffalo. (My 1st time living in snow EVER!)
3. I moved to Hawaii for a year to work on a cruise ship! This is where I learned to bartend:) The hours were crazy and we worked 7 days a week for 5 months straight but it was soo worth it! I lived on the ship and any minute not working was spent exploring all of the Hawaiian Islands. I’m often asked which island is my favorite, they are all so beautiful and each have a special place in my heart but I would have to say Kauai takes the cake. If you get a chance to visit, make sure to see the Napali Coastline. It is absolutely breathtaking! Especially by boat and helicopter. Seriously start planning your trip now! If you ever have any Hawaii questions let me know:)
4. I worked at a hotel in Las Vegas for a number of years! I was a Concierge and I must say the benefits were amazing! Since our job was to “know” the ins and outs of the city we were invited to see all of the shows and dine at so many of the restaurants on the strip. I actually gained 10 pounds the 1st month! But let me tell you, it makes the job a million times easier! Also, if you ever have Vegas questions/recommendations I am happy to help!
5. I come from a family of amazing cooks, bakers and bargain hunters! My grandma, mom, and aunts can throw down in the kitchen. Of all of the menus I’ve tried, there is nothing better than a home cooked dinner by one of these ladies, especially my mom:) with dessert of course! And let me tell you about the bargain hunting in my blood. My grandma and great aunts used to be the queens of a good deal and always knew how to find them. Every time I get something on sale (which is quite a bit) I just know they would be proud!
6. My favorite place I’ve ever traveled to is Tahiti! We went to Moorea and Bora Bora for 10 days on our honeymoon and it was the most magical, romantic destination. On Moorea we stayed in a bungalow right on the beach and on Bora Bora we stayed in an over water bungalow! My husband and I had the best time lounging by the pool, drinking at the swim up bar, jumping off our bungalow and scuba diving! Best trip EVER with my love!
7. I am both an early bird and a night owl. I love getting up early and working out! If not, it may not happen! But my favorite part of mornings is my time with my husband Tommy. He makes the most amazing breakfast and coffee every morning!! He is the best! I also really do love a late night! Especially if it involves cocktails, dinner and dancing! I’m always in! On the nights we don’t go out, I still like to stay up late and get things done. As you can imagine being both the bird and the owl, I don’t get a ton of sleep, but it works for me:)
8. I love Napa Valley! My husband proposed to me in a wine cave there! He had a limo pick us up from the airport and take us to these beautiful vineyards. When we got to Del Dotto Wine Caves he had a private table set up and designed a special bottle for the proposal. I was so surprised! Then when we got to our hotel, there was a knock on the door and he had another surprise for me, it was my bestie and her husband!! My whole family was in San Fran so the next day we all went wine tasting! Such an amazing trip!
9. Being by water makes me so happy:) I grew up by the beach and wherever we move, I try to be close to some form of water (we currently live right by Lake Erie). Water is so calming for me. I love a day at the beach, on the boat, paddle boarding, kayaking, anything on or near the water is for me. Some of my favorite memories are from family boat days when we were little.
10. I love laughing and hearing people laugh! I am all about good vibes and happiness, it makes me happy when others are happy:) I like to be around kind hearted, positive people that get excited about everything because I get excited about everything too!
And one extra one for you! Because, we are friends now right?
* I absolutely LOVE to travel but am the worst at packing and unpacking. I usually wait until the last minute to pack and when we get home it can take weeks (eek) to unpack!
SHOP THE LOOK