It is Nordstrom Anniversary Sale time!!
It is Nordstrom Anniversary Sale time!!
We took a day trip up to Toronto this week and it was amazing! My friend Alma (who is visiting us) and I used to always take spontanious road trips when I lived in Vegas so we thought we should absolutely take one while she is in town. So off to Canada we went! A few people recommended this restaurant to us so we knew we had to try it. Boy, am I glad we did!! Café Cancan is a French bistro in Toronto’s Harbord Village. This little French café is magical before you even walk in through the pink and teal doors. Once you are inside you will see the walls are covered in pretty. From pinks and pastels, to florals, flamingos and stripes, ALL of my favorite things:) There is also the sweetest patio with twinkle lights in the back! I just read the incredibly talented Tiffany Pratt designed this and it totally make sense. I wonder if she can come design my office like this? Everyone who worked there was super nice, which for me is the frosting on the cake. I always like to try the signature drink, and this one did not disappoint!! The Batifole with Lillet Blanc was the perfect cocktail on this warm summer day. It was sooo good!! We arrived there at 3p which is when they serve light snacks and we really enjoyed all of them. I can not wait to come back for brunch, which I hear is even more amazing!
I wore my favorite color block dress for our adventure, it was so comfortable all day AND has pockets!! Thats always a win for me! I have added 2 links for the dress, along with the rest of my outfit details:)
This has been a week for celebrating! And what better way to celebrate than with confetti?! One of my best friends flew out to visit and I am so happy she was here to be in on the fun! It also happened to be her birthday!!! I met Alma when I lived in Las Vegas and we hit it off right away! She is a very up for anything, sparkly, fun lover- like me:) We have had so many crazy adventures since I met her almost 10 years ago and I can’t wait for more! I am so happy we got to celebrate her birthday with her and spread the sparkle all over Buffalo while celebrating.
I also hit 800 sales in my Etsy Shop this week! I really enjoy coming up with, finding and designing new t-shirts and I love that others are loving it too! I’m thinking I will do a big giveaway if we are lucky enough to hit 1,000 sales. I am always open for special requests and custom orders, just send me an email:)
I am SUPER excited to announce I have been accepted into the rewardStyle community! You can now shop all of my looks using LIKEtoKNOW.it. If you do not use this already, it is a game changer!! With this app you can instantly shop the looks of your favorite bloggers and IGers. Once registered, you can shop my posts on Instagram by ‘liking’ or taking a screenshot and the info will be sent right to you. It is super easy and free! I have done quite a bit of my shopping using this app and I love it, so I am excited to be able to help you shop my looks now too!
This top is only $15!! And comes in multiple colors! That’s definitely a reason to celebrate! So toss the confetti and lets go shopping! Everything is linked below. I hope you are having the best week and look forward to what comes next! I have a few other bits of exciting news coming soon, stay tuned 😉
Hi friends! Since I am pretty new here I thought I would share a little more about myself. It has been wonderful meeting a lot of you on Instagram and I am excited to give you a peek at what is behind those IG squares!
1. It’s hard for me to use periods at the end of sentences! It feels so serious. See?! Especially via text! Any “.” that you see on this site probably started as a (!!) and I changed it so there weren’t so many!
2. I have driven across the country multiple times, once by myself! I love a new adventure and seeing new places so I am always up for a road trip! I have moved from Florida to Las Vegas and back a few times and most recently from Vegas to Buffalo. (My 1st time living in snow EVER!)
3. I moved to Hawaii for a year to work on a cruise ship! This is where I learned to bartend:) The hours were crazy and we worked 7 days a week for 5 months straight but it was soo worth it! I lived on the ship and any minute not working was spent exploring all of the Hawaiian Islands. I’m often asked which island is my favorite, they are all so beautiful and each have a special place in my heart but I would have to say Kauai takes the cake. If you get a chance to visit, make sure to see the Napali Coastline. It is absolutely breathtaking! Especially by boat and helicopter. Seriously start planning your trip now! If you ever have any Hawaii questions let me know:)
4. I worked at a hotel in Las Vegas for a number of years! I was a Concierge and I must say the benefits were amazing! Since our job was to “know” the ins and outs of the city we were invited to see all of the shows and dine at so many of the restaurants on the strip. I actually gained 10 pounds the 1st month! But let me tell you, it makes the job a million times easier! Also, if you ever have Vegas questions/recommendations I am happy to help!
5. I come from a family of amazing cooks, bakers and bargain hunters! My grandma, mom, and aunts can throw down in the kitchen. Of all of the menus I’ve tried, there is nothing better than a home cooked dinner by one of these ladies, especially my mom:) with dessert of course! And let me tell you about the bargain hunting in my blood. My grandma and great aunts used to be the queens of a good deal and always knew how to find them. Every time I get something on sale (which is quite a bit) I just know they would be proud!
6. My favorite place I’ve ever traveled to is Tahiti! We went to Moorea and Bora Bora for 10 days on our honeymoon and it was the most magical, romantic destination. On Moorea we stayed in a bungalow right on the beach and on Bora Bora we stayed in an over water bungalow! My husband and I had the best time lounging by the pool, drinking at the swim up bar, jumping off our bungalow and scuba diving! Best trip EVER with my love!
7. I am both an early bird and a night owl. I love getting up early and working out! If not, it may not happen! But my favorite part of mornings is my time with my husband Tommy. He makes the most amazing breakfast and coffee every morning!! He is the best! I also really do love a late night! Especially if it involves cocktails, dinner and dancing! I’m always in! On the nights we don’t go out, I still like to stay up late and get things done. As you can imagine being both the bird and the owl, I don’t get a ton of sleep, but it works for me:)
8. I love Napa Valley! My husband proposed to me in a wine cave there! He had a limo pick us up from the airport and take us to these beautiful vineyards. When we got to Del Dotto Wine Caves he had a private table set up and designed a special bottle for the proposal. I was so surprised! Then when we got to our hotel, there was a knock on the door and he had another surprise for me, it was my bestie and her husband!! My whole family was in San Fran so the next day we all went wine tasting! Such an amazing trip!
9. Being by water makes me so happy:) I grew up by the beach and wherever we move, I try to be close to some form of water (we currently live right by Lake Erie). Water is so calming for me. I love a day at the beach, on the boat, paddle boarding, kayaking, anything on or near the water is for me. Some of my favorite memories are from family boat days when we were little.
10. I love laughing and hearing people laugh! I am all about good vibes and happiness, it makes me happy when others are happy:) I like to be around kind hearted, positive people that get excited about everything because I get excited about everything too!
And one extra one for you! Because, we are friends now right?
* I absolutely LOVE to travel but am the worst at packing and unpacking. I usually wait until the last minute to pack and when we get home it can take weeks (eek) to unpack!
SHOP THE LOOK
A little known fact about Florida- the sunrises are just as beautiful as the sunsets! When we lived here, my husband and I used to always get up early and run on the beach in the morning. This is when I realized just how amazing that early morning light is! There are no crowds and it’s almost like you are on your own private beach. We would workout and then have breakfast at one of the little cafes on the water like we were really on vacation. It was one of our favorite things to do during our time in Florida. Since we were back home visiting, we decided to wake up early and go catch a sunrise before flying home. I found this flowy light coral maxi dress and knew it would be perfect to wear. Of course I had to carry my favorite new shell bag too! I found these earrings on sale and they are a great match to the whole look! Everything is linked below:)
If you get the chance, it is totally worth waking up early and catching a sunrise every now and then. I would love to see your photos! Happy Monday friends!
I have official found my favorite watch for Summer! The KLASSE14 Volare Sky Midday! This watch is a beautiful blue/white ombre with rose gold plating and so comfortable to wear. It is perfect for a day at the beach or paired with a cute summer outfit. And it is water resistance which is always nice. I wore this on vacation in Florida and got so many compliments on it! I mean it matches the ocean and the sky! I love that it is so different from any of my other watches too. Definitely a must when packing for your next vacation or trip to the beach!